Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Wednesday = comic day

I've wanted to try and create a comic for a long time now, but I've always been too busy with either work or laziness (mostly the later)... So I've finally found what I needed and, I've decided that -

(suspense space)

Wednesday of every week (starting tomorrow), I will sit down and make something that resembles a comic, whether it be a tree panel strip, or a whole page of something greater, Wednesday is now officially comic day... I don't know how this is going to go down, but I hope for all my loyal fans (he knows who he is) it's something entertaining and enjoyable and yeah. F**k yeah! Comic day! The other part of this awesome day of the week that I just came up with just now is, during that same day, I'll go buy myself a comic book... not like a trade, but a comic comic. For learning. I'll also read a chapter from either 'Understanding Comics' or 'Making Comics' by Scott McCloud. I've read 'Understanding Comics' in it's entirety but I feel like there's more to be learnt in that book... To be fair I don't think it all sunk in. So, yeah. Get on that. If you don't know Scott McCloud and his work, and you really love comics, check him out. Highly recommended.

So just like that, with just that little push, my life is finally on track. I've had all these ideas floating around in my head for a while now, so hopefully wednesdays are now gonna help me exorcize some demons.

Also heads up, new blog banner featuring the outback and an alien life form with a southern accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment